Friday, November 19, 2010

Pudding in the snow

Tonight I made tapioca pudding for Pete, one of his favorite desserts. As I cooked it, my mind wandered back to my childhood. My mother would make pudding in the winter quite often. Forget the instant pudding, there was no such thing. All the pudding was cooked on the stove or in the oven, not whipped up with cold milk, be it tapioca, vanilla, bread or rice pudding. As I poured my tapioca pudding into the individual dishes and prepared to place it into the refrigerator for cooling, the memories of how my mother used to place her pan of pudding out into the snow for cooling came into my mind. What a great resource for cooling that pudding. My children never had that memory living in southern Utah, where we rarely have snow in the winter. This memory brought a smile to my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment